Wereldkaart Header Small

EU Citizens

People from another EU country or from a European Economic Area country do not need a work permit to be able to work in the Netherlands.

EU/EER countries include: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark (excluding Greenland and the Faroe Islands), Estonia, Finland, France (including French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique and la Réunion), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (including the Azores and Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including Balearic Islands and Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (including Gibraltar)

Residence permit

EU/EER nationals do not need a residence permit to stay in the Netherlands. If you are intending to stay in the Netherlands for more than 4 months, you have to register yourself at the local government. For more information visit https://www.government.nl/

More Information

For more information, please visit the website of the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Office (IND) or the European Union website. The IND website offers lots of information as well as forms which you can download and send directly to the IND.

Subscribe to our Newsletter and/or Job Alert

Would you like to receive our Undutchables Newsletter? In this newsletter we will give you guidance on working in the Netherlands or in Sweden and working with internationals, let you know about upcoming events and share interesting articles. And do you wish to stay up to date about our latest vacancies? Subscribe now to our job alert and you will receive the newest vacancies straight into your inbox.

Indicate here what you want to receive:
I want to receive a newsletter
I want to receive a job alert