Partner Of An EU Citizen | Undutchables

Partner of an EU citizen

If you have a Dutch or EU partner, you can apply for a work permit stamp (’arbeid is vrij toegestaan’) in your passport that allows you to work in the Netherlands. Your partner must be living and working in the Netherlands and be able to sponsor you. That essentially means that the partner agrees to be financially responsible for you while you are looking for a job or when you are without work.

Important: since 1 June 2013, you do not need to be either married or in a registered partnership (geregistreerd partnerschap) to qualify for this exemption, but you need to prove that you are in an "exclusive" relationship with an EU citizen. If the relationship ends, the work permit is no longer valid.

For more information, please visit the IND website (the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Office).

Subscribe to our Newsletter and/or Job Alert

Would you like to receive our Undutchables Newsletter? In this newsletter we will give you guidance on working in the Netherlands and working with internationals, let you know about upcoming events and share interesting articles. And do you wish to stay up to date about our latest vacancies? Subscribe now to our job alert to get the newest vacancies sent straight to your inbox.

Indicate here what you want to receive:
I want to receive a newsletter
I want to receive a job alert