Partner of an EU citizen

If you have a Dutch or EU partner, you can apply for a work permit stamp (’arbeid is vrij toegestaan’) in your passport that allows you to work in the Netherlands. Your partner must be living and working in the Netherlands and be able to sponsor you. That essentially means that the partner agrees to be financially responsible for you while you are looking for a job or when you are without work.

Important: since 1 June 2013, you do not need to be either married or in a registered partnership (geregistreerd partnerschap) to qualify for this exemption, but you need to prove that you are in an "exclusive" relationship with an EU citizen. If the relationship ends, the work permit is no longer valid.

For more information, please visit the IND website (the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Office).

Always up to date to find your dream job!

We only need a few personal details, thanks!

Work experience