If you wish to practise a profession or set up a business in the Netherlands, you may apply for a residence permit as an entrepreneur. To work in the Netherlands on a self-employed basis you have to be granted permission to set up your business in the Netherlands. Furthermore, your business must serve an essential Dutch interest.

You have to show you have sufficient long-term means of support for at least 12 months at the start of the procedure. The income level you have to meet depends upon your personal situation as well as the purpose of stay. The amounts are gross amounts and based on the Minimum Wage and Minimum Holiday Allowance Act.

Additionally, if you wish to work as a freelancer you have to have (an) assignment(s) for you to carry out as a freelancer in the Netherlands.

For more and specific information please visit the IND website.

Always up to date to find your dream job!

We only need a few personal details, thanks!

Work experience